“Capire” (Italian for ‘understand’) is the name of our CAP documentation you’re looking at right now. It’s organized as follows:
- About CAP — a brief introduction and overview of key concepts
- Getting Started — a few guides to get you started quickly
- Cookbook — task-oriented guides from an app developer’s point of view
- Advanced — additional guides re peripheries and deep dives
- Tools - choose your preferred tools
- Reference docs → for CDS, Java, Node.js
- Releases - information about what is new and what has changed
- Resources — links to other sources of information
Please keep in mind that CAP supports both stacks: Node.js and Java. For Java projects please follow the Java-based variant of this guide.
With the first steps below, you can go for a minimal local setup as follows:
- Install Node.js → always use the latest LTS version.
- Install SQLite (only required on Windows).
npm i -g @sap/cds-dk cds # test it