CAP-related Terms and Acronyms
- CAP — shorthand for “SAP Cloud Application Programming Model”
- Not an official name, though.
- capire — Italian for ‘understand’
- … and the title of these pages and documentation of CAP.
- tl;dr — too long; didn’t read
- a common social phenomenon these days. Therefore, capire is rather meagre with text and greased with code. You have to read between the lines, sorry.
- CDS — Core Data and Services
- a family of languages, tools and libraries to declare, process and consume conceptual, semantically enriched data models.
- CDL — CDS Definition Language
- a human-readable representation of CDS models.
- CSN — Core Schema Notation
(pronounce like ‘Ceason’)
- CQL — CDS Query Language
- an extension of SQL leveraging Associations defined in CDS models.
(pronounce like ‘Cequel’)
- CQN — Core Query Notation
(also contained in CSN)
- CXN — Core Expression Notation
(also contained in CQN)
- YAML — YAML Ain’t Markup Language
- a human-friendly data-serialization language and alternative to JSON. Original: Yet Another Markup Language
- OData — The OData Standard
- Languages and protocols to expose and consume data-oriented REST services
- CSDL — Common Schema Definition Language
- the language within OData to declare service interfaces
- EDM — Entity Data Model
- the meta model of OData definitions
- EDMX — Entity Data Model XML
- the metadata file of OData definitions in XML format